Saturday, February 27, 2010

My favorite breakfast foods

These are the things I think about in the early morning as I walk to chow. The things that I can't have, and that the army thinks I don't need.

Belgian Waffles
Whipped Cream
REAL Orange Juice
Cranberry Juice...gods I miss cranberry juice...
REAL Maple Syrup

Grapes. On the vine.
Corned beef hash.
Smart Start cereal.
2% milk

Real scrambled eggs...or even just fried eggs over hard...

What they give us, that I won't miss, but will probably experience over and over again:

Strange, acidic bacon
Rubbery ham slices
Scrambled eggs that feel like jello and taste like cardboard eggs
raw greasy potatoes
syrupy orange juice
stale waffles

Someday, I will have the things I miss about breakfast. And I will have champagne and orange juice. And I will be content with breakfast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally not going to be the one to send you a billion boxes of Smart Start in a care package. I think that would be supremely hilarious, though.

SPC. Creed said...

I think that would rock, Moriarty! I'm actually able to find a little package of it every couple of days here - no telling what we'll get when we head up to our FOB though!